No, dogs cannot eat Reese’s pieces; in fact, they are dangerous for your dog. Reese’s pieces are colorful candies with xylitol, an artificial sweetener that is toxic for dogs. Moreover, the candy is primarily composed of sugar and fats, which are harmful ingredients for your canine friend.
|Xylitol, sugar, fat, artificial color
|Vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, and low blood sugar
What Makes Reese’s Pieces Dangerous for Dogs?
Reese’s pieces are candies that are essentially made from sugar and fat, and both of these ingredients are potentially harmful to dogs. Increased intake of sugary and fatty foods can result in diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and pancreatitis in your pup.
Other than that, Reese’s pieces also contain xylitol, which is a toxic ingredient. This artificial sweetener can cause serious damage to your furbaby’s health and also lead to poisoning.
Signs Your Dog Ate Too Many Reese’s Pieces
If you find your pup with a packet of Reese’s pieces with their mouth stained in the color of the candy, you can be sure that your pup managed to sneak a mouthful of the candy. While a small amount of candy may not trigger instant symptoms, consuming large amounts of candy can cause a reaction. In this case, you must look out for signs of stomach distress, such as pain, gas, vomiting, and diarrhea.
What to Do if Your Dog is Sick from Eating Reese’s Pieces?
If your dog is sick from eating Reese’s Pieces, it will show signs of stomach distress and gastrointestinal inflammation. In this case, it’s best to rush them to a vet to eliminate any potential risks and get them medical help in due time.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, dogs should not use Reese’s peanut butter cups as they contain chocolate which is toxic for dogs and can also be fatal.
No, dogs should not eat candies. Candies contain high amounts of sugar and artificial additives that are harmful to their health.
Reese’s pieces are dangerous for dogs because they are sugary candies with high amounts of fats and artificial sweeteners like xylitol. Xylitol is a toxic substance and can cause poisoning in your canine friend.